Is there anyone out there who actually LIKES change? I know I don’t. In fact I try to avoid it at all costs! As I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned that change isn’t always a bad thing though. Sometimes it’s a door waiting to be opened that is going to enrich your life or it’s a door that becomes a huge risk that fails and you learn from it.
I think that it’s the “change of routine” that is scary to me. I’m a very routine person and when there is a change, I panic. Although I am able to adapt to the change, it takes me a while to start a new routine with the change. Once that is done, I’m good…until the NEXT change! Exhausting!!
Just recently, I started a new job. I was at my previous job for almost 7 years so this new step in my life was obviously scary to me (but MUCH needed).
What helped me through this change was the fact that 95% of the change would be positive to me and my family. The other 5% was my fear of change! Since the move to this new opportunity was a no brainer, the 5% was just an adjustment to a new routine, new people and new assignments. After my first day on the job, the 95% became 100% really quick! Less stress, more money, 5 minute commute compared to a 30-40 minute commute and being able to come home for lunch. It’s a pretty good gig so far!!
And finally, I’d like to thank all the people who stood by my side and believed in me, before and during the job change. Life would be nothing without my cheerleaders!
Till next time!